Monday, October 1, 2007

Okay, so I didn't meet my deadline

I knew I was being kind of ridiculously hopefully thinking I'd be ready to post items today. I guess it was the kind of weekend where you want to be able to do so much stuff that you know you can't possibly accomplish it all so you end up playing a stupid computer game (civcity rome in this case) instead.

So it still remains to photograph my pieces. And most of the rest of the things I had on my list. I did manage to buy the last of the materials I will need. So I think tonight I will make one more necklace, try to figure out photography and check again that my paypal account and shipping info are set up right. I'll also try to squeeze in designing my stickers for my packaging and refining my business card. But for now, those aren't officially in my plan for the evening because I don't want to overwhelm myself again. I'll just try to do as much as I can. I'm really looking foward to posting my stuff, but it still seems at least several days off if I think realistically.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Do you have a lightbox to help with photography? I'm in the process of making one myself for my woodburned stuff. Here's a link to a good tutorial: http://strobist.blogspot.com/2006/07/how-to-diy-10-macro-photo-studio.html

Unknown said...

Charles has been helping me with the photography. He did try making up a light box for me over the weekend. We tried it out and the images seemed to have a bit of a tint to them (pinkish, greenish) that was weird, but we probably just need to play with it more. We didn't use it for the piece I posted last night, and it turned out pretty well!