Saturday, October 27, 2007

Swing


Swing
Originally uploaded by emmakat79
So...I was trying to make this in reverse, based on the sketch from a few posts ago. At some point I realized the chain was not going to support the arc I needed in that position so I decided to reverse it. So it's a swing now. I figured it might not exactly work like I had envisioned, but I gave it a try anyway. Which I'm kind of glad about now that I have this new version of the idea. I think I will be trying the fan version too at some point. It'll require that the entire triangle like shape is wire. Which is just not quite as delicate as I had imagined in my sketch, but I still think it could turn out well. I like to try this sort of thing and find out. So right now I am appreciate the fact that you can make mistakes like this and have them turn out well in jewelry making. In architecture...well I guess you end up with the structural engineer laughing at how silly you are. :P

No comments: