Monday, September 22, 2008

Sunday Dinner


Peppers & Potatoes
Originally uploaded by emmakat79
Last night we went over to my parent's house to cook some yummy vegan food from the Vegan with a Vengeance Cookbook. Dad had picked out the Quinoa Stuffed Peppers, but I thought we could use a little more food than that. Technically the stuffed peppers are in the "little meals" section of the book. I figured finding a side dish to go along with them would help make a more complete dinner-sized meal. So I picked out the Maple-Mustard Potatoes. Both of these dishes called for Maple Syrup, so they seemed like they would go together well.

Everything turned out great, in spite of the fact that we forgot to pick up the chili powder for the pepper dish. There's always something! I could see how that might have helped make it a little more flavorful, but it certainly didn't seem like the peppers were missing anything in the end. And the potatoes...yum. I'm tempted to make up another batch here at our place just for munching on the rest of the week! It really is the best Vegan Cookbook ever.

A sidenote, I noticed Vegan YumYum posted a lengthy article about photographing food that looks very in depth. I don't know if I'm up for much more than a snapshot here and there (I want to eat it before it gets cold!) but perhaps I can pick up a few good pointers here.

No comments: