Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Dropped & Finished & Other Topics

Finished this drop stitch sweater project I've been working on, on and off, since September. I'm pretty happy with the results, it's just a little tight in the sleeves, but otherwise it feels very nice on. Perhaps the slight tightness is just some added incentive to lift weights at the gym more often? I think that's how I will look at it. I wish I could have more projects that come together like this one. I grabbed the rayon ribbon yarn from my Mom's stash knowing it would be just right for this project and it worked out really well. And it was free! Well, at some point my Mom paid $1 a spool for this yarn, and it took about 8.5 spools. If I could make projects at that price on a regular basis...

In other topics, Vegan Mofo is wrapping up, so look for a few more posts on that subject to round out the month. And oh yeah! My Houndstooth treasury made Etsy's front page. And I missed it! That was the first time that's happened to me and I found it really disorienting. Very cool, but I wish I could've seen it! On that note, it's feeling like it's been too long since I've posted much to the shop, so perhaps I'll get a few new things in there this week. I guess it's really time to think about Christmas. I've got some hang tags from last year I think I might list, and I'm trying to figure out a nice way to do some gift packaging. Etsy seems to post about that every year on the storque, and it's pretty inspiring!

No comments: