Friday, February 5, 2010

Start to Finish

Chromosome Scarf

I started this back in October thinking I'd bee ahead of schedule for winter knits for myself, but it didn't quite work out that way. I think I got about half-way fairly quickly, but then just as suddenly lost my steam. So last week, although I was feeling particularly excited about it, I finished it off thinking at least I'd get it out of the UFO pile. I'm glad I did. I anticipated it would be a great scarf for Chicago, since this Pisgah cotton yarn is soft but the cabling gives it a protective stiffness that is great for windy days. Not bad for about $10 of yarn!

You may recall I went through some deliberation about what to knit up with the basic premise of a cabled scarf in this yarn. Ah knitting, I still feel like I'd like to try most of the projects I was looking through at some point...particularly the Marjke Scarf in a more appropriate yarn! Meanwhile, there are lots of patterns available for sale on ravelry, if you have an account, with much of the proceeds going to help for haiti.

5 comments:

VeganCraftastic said...

Love it, great color!

Leslie said...

Very impressive!

Sarah West Ervin said...

Hi Emma! I saw that you entered the giveaway on Paper N Stitch! We’re also giving away some prints by Shannon Rankin on the Westervin blog, and I thought you might like to enter! Just leave a comment on this post: http://www.westervin.com/blog/2010/02/08/giveaway-love-heal-seek-see/

I hope it goes to a good home :)

Best,

Sarah

P.S. Your handmade items are lovely!

Unknown said...

Thanks Leslie & Kala! :)
& Thanks Sarah! That's a great set of prints!

tachatha said...

louis vuitton replica y77 a3b37s4z36 replica ysl bags w25 j8h28l4n15 replica ysl handbags w57 r2x11b1n43