Saturday, September 4, 2010

Really Good Food Friday

Yesterday we had a very good food day. For lunch we went to Sonny Bowl, an all vegan food cart on the northern side of downtown Portland. We ordered two of the regular size bowls. The menu had three items on it and we ordered #1 and #2, so we will have to go back for #3. They were both great, and it was plenty of food; we have leftovers that I am looking forward to.
Sonny Bowl #1 Sonny Bowl #2

Then last night I decided that if I didn't do something with the green beans from last Saturday's Farmer's Market before this Saturday I would feel silly. So I did. Chuck had used basil, also purchased at the market, to make pesto earlier in the week and he used it here to stuff baked tofu, sprinkled with paprika. I cooked up the green beans with tomatoes and spices, and topped them off with caramelized onions. Caramelized onions are just always good in my opinion, so I bought another nice looking onion this morning (along with a bunch of other stuff) to do something with this week. Here's how the meal turned out:
Pesto Stuffed Tofu, Green Beans, Tomatoes and Caramelized Onions

It was at least as good as it looks! I also couldn't resist picking up some more muffins from Black Sheep Bakery at the market this morning, but for the first time since we moved here, I actually didn't take a picture of this Portland treat. We had the Pumpkin and the Apple. I suppose I have to stop acting like a tourist at some point! (It is kind of starting to drive Chuck crazy, I think.) Plus, I seemed to have taken a bunch of architecture and architecture detail photos yesterday all in one day and hey that's supposed to be a daily thing. I should probably try to spread that out more.

No comments: