Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Happy First day of Spring!

Field of Purple Heather Laurel Purple Gaultheria Shallon

Happy First day of Spring! I haven't posted for a bit, I've been pretty busy lately. One of the things I've been up to is trying to take a lot of walks. More exciting right now, with spring starting up. The pictures above are from Washington Park, but the cherry blossoms all around town are starting to bloom. None on the waterfront just yet, but it won't be much longer!

Irish cupcake from Petunias's at PSU market Vegan Shepard's pie Trellis & vine sweater in progress

We had a fun St. Patrick's Day. The PSU Farmer's Markets started up again just in time & we were able to get some really yummy vegan treats from Petunia's. I also convinced Chuck to make us a Shepard's Pie. He decided to make it in our skillet so we had a lot of leftovers. I started knitting a really tricky light green sweater, while wearing other green things I made. I definitely did not get pinched, but I made up an appropriate Etsy treasury just to be sure.

Craftsy Jan. Block of the Month 1  Phone Cozy Goccoed RSVP card and tulips

And I've been doing various crafty things lately. I finally got started on the Craftsy Block of the month on Leap Day, but so far I've only done one of the blocks. I'm way behind! I really enjoyed the first one though and I'm confident I can catch up sometime soon. I'm planning to stick with just a few solid color fabrics which I really like the looks of so far. I've also been rephotographing items for my Etsy shop for a more consistent look. I still have some of that left to do. And lastly I recently did a set of wedding invites for my cousin. I'm really happy with how the turned out, and hopefully I will share more of that project here soon! (Chuck bought me tulips very similar to the ones on the RSVP cards, which strangely seem to be Mutant Siamese Tulips. Interesting or Scary?) 

No comments: